This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer to all our guests and visitors.
- For our address, location map and contact details please see the ‘Contact Information’ section at the end of this document, or the ‘Contact Us’ button on our website.
- You can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info simply enter your postcode and ours, which is SY11 2EY, for full directions.
- The nearest railway stations are at Gobowen (3 miles), Chirk (7 miles) and Shrewsbury (18 miles).
- Local taxi services are available, We are happy to help you with advance bookings.
- Oswestry Taxis 01691 658658 : Oswestry Cabs 01691 661663 : Kerr Karz 01691 662188
- The nearest bus stop is approximately ¼ of a mile away.
We currently offer 2 guest bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. There are no ground floor bedrooms.
If you have specific requests, concerns or questions which you would like to discuss with us, please telephone 01691 655395 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you.
The Main Entrance & Hall
- Are located on the ground floor.
- The main entrance via Ferrers Road and the front door has a 10cm step.
- The entrance hall has Victorian quarry tiles and has an 18cm step.
- The front door is kept closed. There is a doorbell and we will be looking out for your arrival.
- The front door is 80cm wide at the narrowest point when open, the internal doors leading off the hall are 74cm.
- Lighting is provided by overhead fittings and lamps.
- Guests are welcomed in the hall and will be shown the dining room before being taken to their rooms where they will be asked to register.
- Entry to the dining room via the hall is level and there are no steps.
- There are no bedrooms on the ground floor. There are no lifts or escalators in the house.
There are 16 evenly spaced stairs ascending a staircase to reach the landing and entrance to all letting rooms. Each step is approximately 19cm high, 24cm deep and 78cm wide. There are banisters to the left of the staircase as you ascend. The stairs have a short pile, fitted carpet. · Heating is thermostatically controlled and adjustable.
Bedroom & Sleeping Areas
- The bedroom and landings have ceiling lighting, controllable from the door, at the top of the staircase and in the lobby. The bathroom has overhead lighting controlled from the door and lighting inset into the mirror above the wash basin. There are bedside lamps on each side of the bed.
- The duvets and pillows have a high quality synthetic filling, suitable for guests with allergies. The bedroom is lockable with a key and guests are provided with a front door key on request. Guests can come and go as they please, with consideration to other guests, should they arrive back late.
- There are smoke alarms in each room and Laurels has a fully integrated fire alarm system. We will alert all guests if we hear an alarm sounding and guide them out of the building. We incorporate a simple to follow instruction in the rooms in case of fire.
- The en-suite bathrooms are of a comfortable size and one has a raised toilet and shower area.
- There is a guest information folder in each bedroom which provides information on our services, local services and emergency information.
- There are no public telephones but guests may use the landline phone from the house in an emergency.
- We do not offer a laundry service.
- We do not offer leisure or entertainment facilities.